PhoenixCity in Arizona
Phoenix is the capital of the southwestern U.S. state of Arizona. Known for its year-round sun and warm temperatures, it anchors a sprawling, multicity metropolitan area known as the Valley of the Sun. It’s known for high-end spa resorts, Jack Nicklaus–designed golf courses and vibrant nightclubs. Other highlights include the Desert Botanical Garden, displaying cacti and numerous native plants.
Weather: 84°F (29°C), Wind W at 5 mph (8 km/h), 33% Humidity
Local time: Thursday 8:43 PM
Plan a trip
Suns Tickets for 1/7/20$0.10
Suns Tickets for 1/7/20$0.10
$5 Holiday Toy GiveawayProduct on sale
Jumpstreet Indoor Trampoline Park Tixs x 2- PhoenixProduct on sale
Phoenix Symphony Tickets x 2 RaffleProduct on sale
See what’s hot in the valley of the sun.
- Phoenix, AZ Weather :: 82F Partly Cloudyon June 24, 2021 at 6:51 am
82F Partly Cloudy
- Wednesdayon June 24, 2021 at 4:06 am
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 108. East wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Nighton June 24, 2021 at 4:06 am
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 86. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph.
- Tuesdayon June 24, 2021 at 4:06 am
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 108. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Nighton June 24, 2021 at 4:06 am
A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 87. East southeast wind around 5 mph.
GANNETT Syndication Service Phoenix – Local
- Arizona authorities ask to expedite 2 executions, citing shelf life of lethal injection drugby Arizona Republic on June 24, 2021 at 4:29 am
Arizona spent $1.5 million for a drug to resume lethal injections. But the state now acknowledges it was wrong about the shelf life of the drug.
- University of Arizona criticized over animal welfare violations, research misconductby Arizona Republic on June 24, 2021 at 4:00 am
Five incidents of research misconduct and animal welfare violations have spurred activists to call for an investigation into the University of Arizona.
- What we know about Arizona wildfires: North of Sedona preparing for possible evacuationby Arizona Republic on June 24, 2021 at 2:43 am
Wildfire season in Arizona has just begun and active fire behavior is expected to continue during the summer heat.
- Rain could ease Arizona fire conditions but the risk of lightning lingers, officials sayby Arizona Republic on June 24, 2021 at 2:42 am
As of Tuesday night, light showers swept across the state. The rainfall is both “good and bad” for current wildfire conditions, officials say.
- ‘This pandemic is still very real in my world’: Arizonans are still dying of COVID-19by Arizona Republic on June 24, 2021 at 1:36 am
While the numbers are way down from January and February, some Arizonans are still getting sick and dying from COVID-19.
Make It Happen Mondays, Community Fund
MIX club mixes – 90s club mixes – hip hop, rap & r&b mega mixProduct on sale
The Learning Journey Lift & Learn Puzzle – Jumbo Floor Puzzles – Animals of The WorldProduct on sale
The Learning Journey Lift & Learn Puzzle – Lift & Learn USA Map PuzzleProduct on sale
The Learning Journey Lift & Learn Puzzle – Colors & ShapesProduct on sale
The Learning Journey: Lift & Learn 123 Number Puzzle 16pc puzzleProduct on sale
The Learning Journey: Lift & Learn ABC & Animals of the World 3pcProduct on sale
15 pc Homeschooling Learning Gift Basket (Med)Product on sale
Custom Coffee MugProduct on sale
Phoenix New Times Original reporting and compelling writing on local news, restaurants, arts and culture have made Phoenix New Times a vital resource for readers who want to understand and engage with their community.
- Cannabis Testing Company Takes Blame for Recall, Defends Affected Brandsby Ray Stern on June 24, 2021 at 5:44 am
“We continue to investigate and won’t discuss an open investigation,” said a state DHS spokesperson.
- The Departure of Another Director Raises Questions About the Future of Phoenix Art Museumby Robrt L. Pela on June 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Tim Rodgers is leaving the helm of Phoenix Art Museum after less than a year, another blow to the beleaguered institution.
- Karen Fann Agreed to Make $20K ‘Contribution’ to Arizona Rangers for Audit Security, Docs Showby Ray Stern on June 23, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The word “compensation” is crossed out and above that, the word “contribution” is written in hand.
- Playboy Manbaby’s 10th Anniversary Show – Plus More Phoenix Music Newsby Benjamin Leatherman on June 23, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The indie/punk band promises it will be “real weird and real fun.”
- A Situational Guide to Phoenix Coffee Shopsby Allison Young on June 23, 2021 at 12:00 pm
The best pastries, people-watching, pour-over, and patios.