A model is a person with a role either to promote, display or advertise commercial products, or to serve as a visual aid for people who are creating works of art or to pose for photography. Modelling is considered to be different from other types of public performance, such as acting or dancing.
Median pay (annual): 27,530 USD (2015)
Median pay (hourly): 13.23 USD (2015)
Entry level education: No formal educational credential
Projected 10-year growth: 0% (2014)
Number of jobs: 5,800 (2014)
- What We Learned from Stephanie Grisham’s Trump Tell-All, I’ll Take Your Questions Nowon January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
In her new book, Stephanie Grisham reveals a peek behind the scenes of the Trump White House, “where everything was like a clown car on fire running at full speed into a warehouse of fireworks.”
- The Best Sneaker Deals Worth Picking Up on Prime Dayon January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
From Adidas to APL and so much more.
- These are the Best-Reviewed Blazers on Amazonon January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
Layers that bridge the gap between business and pleasure.
- 4 Luxe Spas to Add to Your Winter Wish Liston January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
Sign me up for brain yoga.
- Everlane’s Black Friday Sale is Packed With Winter Essentialson January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
Save up to 40% on sweaters, jeans, and sustainably made accessories.
BlackPRWire.com – Press Releases – Fashion Black PR Wire, Inc. is the nation’s premier news distribution service center.
- (BPRW) ESSENCE Celebrates the Power of Black Love and Business With Its Black History Month Issue Cover Featuring Slutty Vegan CEO+Founder Aisha “Pinky” Cole and Big Dave’s Cheesesteaks CEO+Owner Derrick Hayesby Bernadette Morris on January 21, 2022 at 12:48 pm
(Black PR Wire) NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)– ESSENCE’s January/February 2022 Black History Month issue champions the power of Black love and business by featuring power couple Pinky Cole, CEO and Founder of popular vegan fast food chain Slutty Vegan,
- (BPRW) SHEEN MAGAZINE ANNOUNCES KRISTYN HARRIS AS THE NEW EDITOR-IN-CHIEFby Bernadette Morris on January 15, 2022 at 12:18 am
(Black PR Wire) FOUNTAIN INN, SC —Internationally known, SHEEN Magazine is excited to announce Kristyn Harris as the new Editor-in-Chief. Harris is a Greenville, SC native, a graduate of Lander University, considered an expert in media, b
- (BPRW) BLACK BUSINESS WEEKEND IS COMING!by Christopher Hendricks on January 11, 2022 at 2:22 pm
(Black PR Wire) Pensacola, FL – Bantucola.com – The Gulf Coast Black Business Directory, will host a Black Business Weekend celebration, Feb. 4 – 5th 2022 at JoJo’s Beauty Supply in Pensacola, FL. JoJo’s Beauty Supply is Pensacola’s
- (BPRW) Feminine Lifestyle Strategist April Mason Releases New Book Identity Switchby Bernadette Morris on January 10, 2022 at 7:28 pm
(Black PR Wire) President and Founder of April Mason Enterprises, LLC, which includes the All Things Feminine and Feminine CEO Brands, April Mason, shares the secrets of getting what you want out of life. In Identity Switch, Mason guides you through the s
- (BPRW) 30th Anniversary Bounce Trumpet Awards Being Re-scheduledby Bernadette Morris on January 6, 2022 at 5:13 pm
(Black PR Wire) ATLANTA, GA – Bounce, the nation’s popular entertainment television network serving African Americans, is rescheduling the 2022 Bounce Trumpet Awards, which had been originally planned to take place live on Jan. 15 at the Dolby
The Curvy Fashionista The Curvy Fashionista
- 15 Romantic Valentine’s Day Gifts They (or YOU) Are Sure To Love!by Pepper Martin on January 24, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Are you looking for something for your Valentine? Need to drop hints to your boo? Check out this list of 15 Valentine’s Day Gifts sure to put a smile on their face.
- BAACAL To Introduce BAACAL SHAPES + Maxey Greene: An Exclusive Collection with Expanded Sizing (26+)by Mayra Mejia on January 21, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Launching on January 22, 2022, BAACAL SHAPES kicks off with model, influencer, new mother, and friend of the brand, Maxey Greene.
- Seeing Red: Sexy Plus Size Looks For Valentine’s Day 2022by Source Du Mal on January 21, 2022 at 11:00 am
Not sure what’s in this year for V-Day? These are the hot new pieces you HAVE to look into for Valentine’s Day 2022!
- Self Care at Home: 5 Easy At-Home Spa Ideas You Can Do Yourselfby Lydia Marie on January 20, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Taking care of ourselves is still a top priority for the new year! Right now, it’s a great time to incorporate some spa services that you can do at home and save a coin or two in the process.
- Kiyonna: The Plus Size Brand Keeping Us Chic Since ’96!by Kawana Dupree on January 20, 2022 at 2:21 pm
Plus size brand Kiyonna has been a staple for decades and they still deliver contemporary plus size fashion we love! We share our faves for Spring!
Who What Wear Who What Wear
- I Haven’t Worn a Bra in Years—Here’s What I Wear Insteadby Aleksija Vujicic on January 25, 2022 at 6:00 am
I’m always comfortable.
- The Shoes 72% of People Refuse to Wear to Restaurantsby Allyson Payer on January 25, 2022 at 6:00 am
- I Do Pilates 4 Times a Week, and These Are the Only Legging Brands I’ll Wearby Caitlin Burnett on January 25, 2022 at 6:00 am
- The Timeless Boot Trend Everyone’s Wearing With Bare Legs This Fallby Lauren Eggertsen on January 25, 2022 at 6:00 am
- Pearl Necklaces Are Classic, But These 20 Have a Hint of Trendinessby Yusra Siddiqui on January 25, 2022 at 6:00 am
We’re swooning over these.
Style Men’s Style & Fashion – News, Tips, Trends & Celebrity Style
- Pharrell and Tiffany & Co. Are Engagedby Eileen Cartter on January 24, 2022 at 9:44 pm
The first thing on their registry: an insane pair of diamond-encrusted shades.
- Why Glamour Is One of Fashion’s Most Misunderstood Ideasby Rachel Tashjian on January 24, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Dries Van Noten shows the dark and sensual side of a central fashion feeling.
- Manfred Thierry Mugler Was a Fashion Game Changerby Teo van den Broeke on January 24, 2022 at 4:46 pm
A key player in the high-octane fashion scene of the ‘80s and ’90s, Mugler dressed David Bowie and Grace Jones before finding new influence in recent years.
- This See-Through, ’80s-Era Grail Watch Costs Less Than $100by Jeremy Freed on January 24, 2022 at 4:45 pm
You don’t need a bottomless savings account to own an epic transparent watch.
- The Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Weekon January 24, 2022 at 4:28 pm
The fashion marathon is in full swing—and the big fits are abundant.