Tuesday, February 18th. 2020, (primary)
Tuesday, April 7, 2020, (general election)
Thomas Mark Barrett
Thomas Mark Barrett is an American politician and member of the Democratic Party who has served as the 44th Mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin since 2004. He served in the United States House of Representatives from 1993 to 2003, and the Wisconsin State Senate from 1989 to 1993. Wikipedia
Born December 8, 1953 (age 65 years), Milwaukee, WI
Office: Mayor of Milwaukee since 2004
Running for Mayor
Lena C. Taylor is a Democratic member of the Wisconsin Senate, representing the 4th District since 2005, and formerly served as the co-chair of the Joint Committee on Finance. She previously served in the Wisconsin Assembly, representing the 18th District from 2003 through 2005.
Running for Mayor
Anthony “Tony” Zielinski is an American politician, currently serving as Milwaukee’s Fourteenth District Alderman on the Milwaukee Common Council.
- The Wisconsin Senate was slated to take up a Republican bill Wednesday that would delay local governments’ redistricting efforts.
- Only four local lawmakers seek additional federal money for their districts.
- Hundreds of colleges and universities across the country are requiring students to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
- President Joe Biden is set to return to the Badger State for the second time since taking office.
- The Wisconsin Assembly planned to send bills to Gov. Tony Evers on Tuesday that would limit opportunities for absentee voting.
- Deaths among Medicare patients in nursing homes soared by 32% last year, a government watchdog reported.
- Republicans denied Democrats the 60 votes needed to overcome the filibuster and begin debate.
- In life or death situations, there are exceptions.
- Congress will receive an unclassified report on UFOs in late June from the intelligence community.
- The White House celebrated the progress it’s made in vaccinating Americans for COVID-19; 65.4% of U.S. adults are at least partially vaccinated.
Milwaukee Magazine Find the Best Restaurants, Shopping, and Events
- Racing Sausages Will Return to the Field at Friday’s Re-Opening Gameby Rich Rovito on June 23, 2021 at 10:26 pm
American Family Field is celebrating its “Re-Opening Day” on Friday. Source
- ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Insults Milwaukee, and Milwaukee Fights Backby Archer Parquette on June 23, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Milwaukee is not “terrible,” but apparently some ESPN analysts think so. Source
- 11 Beer Events Brewing This Week in Milwaukee: June 23-26by Dan Murphy on June 22, 2021 at 11:01 pm
3 Sheeps Brewing has a pretty big beer release happening in Sheboygan on Saturday. Source
- Nō Studios Begins Awarding Grants to Wisconsin Artistsby Lindsey Anderson on June 22, 2021 at 8:30 pm
Six Wisconsin musicians will be receiving a cumulative total of $25,000. Source
- 6 Places (Other Than Your Couch) to Watch the Bucks Playoffsby Brian Rosenzweig on June 22, 2021 at 5:57 pm
It’s time for the Eastern Conference Finals! Here’s where to watch the games. Source
- Milwaukee’s Getting a New Fine Dining Restaurant Run by a Familiar Chefby Ann Christenson on June 22, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Former Bartolotta Restaurants chef Adam Siegel is opening his own restaurant. Source
- Bay View’s Chill on the Hill Is Back!by Allison Garcia on June 22, 2021 at 3:30 pm
The first show will be on July 13. Source
- This Study Ranks Wisconsin the 41st-Kindest State. We Don’t Buy It.by Archer Parquette on June 22, 2021 at 6:46 am
Sorry, but these results seem suspicious. Source
- The Story Behind Iron Grate BBQ’s Delicious Smoked Meatsby Ann Christenson on June 21, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Iron Grate BBQ’s Aaron Patin is keeping Milwaukee’s appetite for smoked meats sated. Source
- Yes, You Can Find Parking in Downtown Milwaukee on Game Nightby Archer Parquette on June 21, 2021 at 6:32 pm
In preparation for the big game, your guide to finding a parking space by Fiserv. Source
Total Wine & More Gift Card
Total Wine & More Gift Card – Wine tasting class for 20 guests
any location in the USA – $500 value