Detroit City in Michigan
Detroit is the largest city in the midwestern state of Michigan. Near Downtown, the neoclassical Detroit Institute of Arts is famed for the Detroit Industry Murals painted by Diego Rivera, and inspired by the city’s ties to the auto industry, giving it the nickname “Motor City.” Detroit is also the birthplace of Motown Records, whose chart-topping history is on display at their original headquarters, Hitsville U.S.A.
Weather: 58°F (14°C), Wind E at 9 mph (14 km/h), 93% Humidity
Local time: Thursday 1:58 AM
Plan a trip
- Balance is the buzzword this holiday seasonby Jackie Berg on October 21, 2021 at 3:42 pm
Hope abounds among households anxious to make up for last year’s “lost holiday season” devoid of large family gatherings, messy piles of gift wrap, boisterous get-togethers and inevitable travel delays. Another quiet Christmas? “Not on your life,” according to Florida native Jennifer Brown, who says that her family’s holiday plans are going to be bigger, bolder and better than ever. Work parties? Read full story…
- Post-pandemic freedom heightens importance of personal contact and connectionsby C.L. Price on June 16, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Special to TheHUB – Like a strange sequel to the movie, Florida’s boomers have been acting out their own version of “Home Alone” since the pandemic began. Although for most it’s been a temporary state, many people lament they have experienced far too much time in isolation during the COVID-19 crisis. A little solitude is good for us all. Read full story…
- Mothers’ wit, kindness and perseverance got us through the pandemic. Now what? by C.L. Price on June 16, 2021 at 8:20 pm
Updated 6.22.21. Special to TheHUB – It’s been a mother of a year and, for moms, it’s not over yet. But it is getting better, according to Rachael Quinn, a mother of three and the founder of the Your CBD Store national franchise, and owner and operator of four Florida-based Your CBD Store locations. The pandemic has most American moms living what feel like dog years. Read full story…
- Samaritas to honor World Refugee Awareness Week with refugee art show, virtual town hallby M Lapham on June 14, 2021 at 3:29 pm
They came to America from far away, escaping dangers most of us try not to think happen. Often, they came with nothing but their name and the clothes on their back. There is a word for those who would endure all that, refugee. Since this week is World Refugee Awareness Week, it’s the perfect time to learn more about their stories, lives, and contributions to America. Read full story…
- Samaritas gives refugees the superpower of a bright futureby M Lapham on June 11, 2021 at 9:00 pm
A person escapes a home they can never return to and finds a home in the American Midwest and, with the help of kindly strangers guiding them, they forged a life. That is the story of Superman, but it is also one shared by countless non-fictional refugees, without the luxury of super powers. These refugees do have a powerful advocate in Samaritas, which offers various programs to help many get settled in Michigan. Read full story…
$25 Banner Ads
Make It Happen Mondays, Community Fund
MIX club mixes – 90s club mixes – hip hop, rap & r&b mega mixProduct on sale
The Learning Journey Lift & Learn Puzzle – Jumbo Floor Puzzles – Animals of The WorldProduct on sale
The Learning Journey Lift & Learn Puzzle – Lift & Learn USA Map PuzzleProduct on sale
The Learning Journey Lift & Learn Puzzle – Colors & ShapesProduct on sale
The Learning Journey: Lift & Learn 123 Number Puzzle 16pc puzzleProduct on sale
The Learning Journey: Lift & Learn ABC & Animals of the World 3pcProduct on sale
15 pc Homeschooling Learning Gift Basket (Med)Product on sale
Custom Coffee MugProduct on sale
Deadline Detroit Homegrown Media Revolution
- Another Tawdry Case: The Sleazy Sludge from MSU Never Stops Flowingon November 1, 2018 at 1:36 am
MSU says its past associate vice president for alumni relations let an undergraduate woman use his car, brought her presents, gave her money and took her to dinner.
- LeDuff: Motor City Confidential — The Real News, Here and No Place Elseon November 1, 2018 at 1:31 am
Charlie LeDuff packs in a lot of news: A police memo about cops lying. A $100,000 reward for info in “Strawberry” murder. And five more hot items.
- Mistrial Declared for State Trooper Who Fatally Tased ATV-Riding Teenon October 31, 2018 at 6:54 pm
Jurors deadlocked after three days of deliberation.
- Commentary: Lena Epstein Is a ‘Regional Jared Kushner’ Who Hired a ‘Fake Fake Rabbi’on October 31, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Josh Marshall, editor of the liberal online publication TPM, delves into congressional candidate Lena Epstein and the rabbi who invoked the name of Jesus during a rally.
- Aretha’s Empty Bloomfield Township House Goes on the Market for $800,000on October 31, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Like marble and white carpet? It’s a steal.